The DMV in Hawaii will need to see that your car has the correct insurance coverage before it can be officially registered. Note also that the minimum insurance coverage is just that – minimum. You will need to speak to an insurance agent in Hawaii for proper advice and also look at better coverage especially for public liability. The coverage requirement in Hawaii has been added below and as you will note that certain coverage can be wavered in certain cases. You will need to take insurance advice on this.
You can take topup insurance cover if you feel that the coverage is too low or you can take out additional public liability cover such as general liability cover if you are a business or the car is for the purposes of business. Most companies opt for the additional liability coverage in the event of a major accident as the minimum requirement is simply not going to cover much. The minimum insurance coverage for Hawaii is as follows:
- : $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident
- Basic Personal Injury Protection: $10,000
- Property Damage liability Coverage: $10,000
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident*
*Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverages can be rejected in writing.
The uninsured coverage is goof to have as 1 in 8 Americans drive without insurance coverage. If you are having a bad luck day then you could very well end up in an accident with one of these drivers. Consider what would be best and not always what is cheaper. If you are looking for cheaper car insurance in Hawaii then consider taking a package deal from an insurance company. The auto insurance can be added to your professional liability insurance or household insurance to bring the monthly premiums down. Speak to an insurance agent in Hawaii about all these options, however do not skimp on insurance coverage – ever.
- Alabama Public Liability Insurance (1.000)
- Alaska Public Liability Insurance (1.000)
- Arizona Public Liability Insurance (1.000)
- Arkansas Public Liability Insurance (1.000)
- California Public Liability Insurance (1.000)
- Colorado Public Liability Insurance (1.000)
- Connecticut Public Liability Insurance (1.000)