Car insurance after you get your license?
If your over 18 and just getting your drivers license, but don’t have your own car, how does the insurance work? Using a relative’s car. How does this work? So I could just go take my drivers test, using my brother’s car, and not need to get any of my own insurance. Would my brother’s insurance go up?
Answer by Stephen N
It all might depend on your states laws. To my knowledge you do not have to have insurance when driving someone else’s vehicle. At the very least the car should be insured by the owner of it. I would suggest trying to get your own insurance however just for the sake of it…it is a much more secure and safe way to go about driving.
- Car insurance when you're moving between states? (1.000)
- Q&A: Should I release my insurance liability info to the person I hit? (1.000)
- What is the average cost of car insurance for teens? (1.000)
- How can I make car insurance lower? (1.000)
- How to cancel Geico insurance online (1.000)
- Geico missed payments? (1.000)
- Geico Claims Filing Process (1.000)