See the Driver Over 50 insurance discounts. If you are over the age of 50 then you can obtain an insurance discount from Geico or any other insurance. This is normally car insurance or RV insurance. The usual insurance discount for over 50’s would normally be calculated as follows. Note however that drivers who are under 25 may not use your car while under this insurance discount. The terms are set out as follows:
Driver Over 50 Insurance Discounts
This contract is not available in every state and certain restrictions and eligibility requirements may apply. The Prime Time contract is available in the following states:
- Be at least 50 years old
- Have no operators under the age of 25
- Have no violations or accidents in the past 3 years
- Not use any vehicle for business purposes
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Car Discount Types
You can also get further discounts for special driver training as well as a multi-car discount. Check this website for more insurance discounts on offer. What other types of discounts can you get.
- Multiple Policy Discount: If you have more than one insurance policy with the same company, such as home and auto insurance, you may be eligible for a multiple policy discount.
- Bundling Discount: Some insurance companies offer a discount if you bundle your auto insurance with other types of insurance, such as homeowners or renters insurance.
- Good Student Discount: If you have a teenage driver on your policy who maintains good grades in school. You may be eligible for a good student discount.
- Anti-Theft Discount: If your car has an anti-theft system or other security features. You may be eligible for an anti-theft discount.
- Accident-Free Discount: If you have a history of being accident-free. You may be eligible for an accident-free discount.
- Vehicle Safety Discount: If your car has certain safety features, such as airbags, anti-lock brakes. This or a backup camera, you may be eligible for a vehicle safety discount.
- Group Discount: Some insurance companies offer discounts to members of certain groups, such as alumni associations or professional organizations.
Personal Discount Types
- Safe Driver Discount: If you have a good driving record with no accidents or traffic violations, you may be eligible for a safe driver discount.
- Low Mileage Discount: If you don’t drive your car often or have a short commute, you may be eligible for a low mileage discount.
- Defensive Driving Course Discount: Completing a defensive driving course can help you become a safer driver and may qualify you for a discount on your insurance premium.
- Loyalty Discount: If you’ve been with the same insurance company for a long time. You may be eligible for a loyalty discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount: Some insurance companies offer a discount to drivers over a certain age, typically 50 or 55.
Lastly these are just a few examples of the discounts that may be available to drivers over the age of 50. To find out which discounts you may qualify for, it’s best to contact your insurance provider directly. Lastly also see the types of insurance as well as car insurance discounts and Geico insurance discounts.