See what the Geico Insurance Discounts entail. We have already explained that buying more than one type of insurance brings down the insurance rates from Geico. These are the standard discounts which any company will offer you. You are older, never had an accident and you deductibles in the event of a claim is higher. These are standard in the insurance industry, Geico however offers more than this and these discounts are listed below.
Geico Insurance Discounts
Insurance discounts are incentives offered by insurance companies to policyholders. Those who meet certain criteria, such as having a safe driving record or installing safety features in their homes. These discounts are designed to help customers save money on their insurance premiums and to encourage them to take steps to reduce their risk of accidents or losses. You will notice the Car Insurance Discounts on here as well as Driver Over 50 Insurance Discounts and the Discounts for Education & Affiliations as well.
What does the discount require
- Air Bag – You could save up to 25% for driver–side or 40% for full–front seat air bags.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Have a factory installed anti-lock braking system? 5% discount on the collision portion of your premium.
- Anti-theft System – Cars with a built-in anti-theft system could also earn you a discount of up to 25% on the comprehensive portion of your premium.
- Daytime Running Lights – Vehicles equipped with Daytime Running Lights as standard equipment could earn you a 3% discount.
Five-year Accident-free – If you have been accident-free for five years, you may be able to save up to 26% on most coverage.
- Seat Belt Use – You could also receive a discount of up to 15% off the medical payments or personal injury protection portion of your premium.
- Good Student – Full time students with a good academic record could be eligible for up to a 15% discount on certain coverages.
- Emergency Deployment – If you are deployed as a member of the Enduring Freedom or Iraqi Freedom operational forces, you could be eligible for an auto insurance discount of up to 25%.
Membership and Employee Discounts – If you belong to one of the 500+ groups listed, you could receive an additional discount on your auto insurance premium.
- Federal Employee (Eagle Discount) – If you are an active or retired federal employee, you could qualify for the eagle discount of up to 8% on the total auto insurance premium.
Multi-car – Insure more than one car with GEICO and you could get a discount of up to 25% on most of your car insurance coverages.
Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
There are many different types of insurance discounts available. Likewise depending on the type of insurance policy you have. For example, auto insurance discounts may include the following. See also the Household Insurance Discounts as well as the ATV Insurance Discounts and the Property Insurance Discounts.
- 10% discount when you transfer your motorcycle insurance to GEICO® Motorcycle
- Also 10% discount if you insure more than one motorcycle
- 10% discount for mature riders
- 10% discount when you renew your motorcycle insurance with GEICO® Motorcycle
- Likewise 10% discount for completing a Motorcycle Safety Foundation
- 20% discount if you are a current Motorcycle Safety Foundation instructor
- 5% discount on your motorcycle policy if you also insure your car with GEICO
If you are on active duty, retired from the Military, or a member of the National Guard or Reserves. You may be eligible for a discount of up to 15 percent on your total insurance premium. Call 1-800-MILITARY (645-4827). Speak to the Geico Agents in Alabama, Geico Agents in Alaska and the Geico Agents in Arizona.