How does car insurance work when you’re moving between states?
I go to college in Alabama, but stay in Florida during the Summers. Insurance here in Florida is six times the amount it would be in Alabama. Can I get insurance there (where my car will be most of the time), and still go into Florida?
Answer by rejectedredux
If you are “resident” in Alabama and your vehicle is registered in Alabama then your insurance should cover you in any of the lower 48.If you just holiday in FL then it’s no problem.
- Q&A: Should I release my insurance liability info to the person I hit? (1.000)
- What is the average cost of car insurance for teens? (1.000)
- How can I make car insurance lower? (1.000)
- Do you have to get car insurance after your license? (1.000)
- How to cancel Geico insurance online (1.000)
- Geico missed payments? (1.000)
- Geico Claims Filing Process (1.000)